Sunday, May 5, 2013

I'm back!!


Some days it feels as though I’m floating through life, unsure of what I really want to take away from this world.  Lately I feel as though I’m neglecting my creative side, which can make one feel lost when it is so important. I find myself asking that quarter life crisis question…what do I want to do when I grow up?

I have my 9-5 assistant job that doesn’t exactly require my Fashion Degree but leaves me satisfied…for now.  I know I’m a small seed but I’m planting my foot and building connections.  When it comes to work, I’m a product of my Capricorn blood:  hardworking, organized and focused.  I enjoy the struggle (and even stress sometimes…isn’t that sick?) of getting the job done, because the taste of accomplishment is such a sweet reward.  It’s a fulfillment that a lot of people might not understand. 

Of course there are the other crucial elements in my life: art, music and fashion.  These are all fine and good, but I’m a realist and need to have money in my pocket to survive, especially on my tastes!  Like a normal woman in her 20’s I have no idea what I want to do, in other words, I can’t pin point where I’ll be in 10 years!  (Wait, is this normal?)  All I know is that I need a healthy dose of everything important to me:  fulfilling work, art, fashion, music, and love…(let’s hope that boy shows up soon!).  Right when I felt I was losing my mind, I did a daily check to Cupcakes and Cashmere last week and found my omen!  It was a post on Fast Company’s article about Creative Director and President of J.Crew, Jenna Lyons.  A true style maven with a career to covet!   

After reading this article I felt inspired and a sort of satisfaction, like I could breathe again.  Although I’m still the assistant, I’ve realized that I like what I do and I know I’m slowly and steadily laying the bricks for my career path.  I just can’t allow myself to get stuck somewhere in the cement (some of you will get that).  In other words, I’m on the right course.


No comments:

Post a Comment